Dental Implants in Hackensack, NJ
Our teeth play a significant role in our daily lives and impact how we eat, speak, and express ourselves, meaning that damaged teeth may pose a problem to our self-esteem and oral health. Dental implants have become many oral surgeons’ top choice to provide a permanent and comfortable solution for those needing natural-looking and functional replacements for missing or damaged teeth. Unlike traditional alternatives, such as dentures or bridges, dental implants mimic the structure and functionality of natural teeth and can significantly enhance your oral health, self-confidence, and overall quality of life.
The skilled specialists at Union City Oral Surgery Group in Hackensack, NJ have a wealth of experience helping their patients walk away with healthy and beautiful smiles. We offer innovative and state-of-the-art dental implant procedures that can have you returning to normal activities as quickly as possible. We know how important your smile is to your health and happiness, so we will do everything in our power to ensure you leave our office 100% satisfied.
WHO IS A CANDIDATE FOR DENTAL IMPLANTS?
Good candidates for dental implants will have healthy gums and fully developed jawbones. You should also have enough healthy bone to support and anchor the implants. However, even patients who have experienced bone loss may still be good candidates for dental implants. Dental implants may be able to prevent further bone loss. In these cases, the bone can be rebuilt with grafting procedures before the implant is installed.
While most individuals are candidates for dental implants, they are not for everyone. Smokers, individuals with diabetes, and those suffering from gum disease are typically not good candidates for dental implants. However, your oral specialist in Hackensack, NJ may be able to treat your gum disease as part of your treatment plan, helping you become eligible for implants in the future.
BENEFITS OF DENTAL IMPLANTS
Dental implants can transform your smile and positively impact your oral health. Some of the many benefits of dental implants include the following:
- Behave like natural teeth: Many patients find their implants indistinguishable from their natural teeth. After getting a dental implant, you should be able to chew, speak, brush, and floss normally.
- Extremely durable: Often, dental implants can last a lifetime as opposed to a bridge that may only last about 10 years. Implants are made of surgical-grade titanium and integrate directly into the jawbone, making them a powerful alternative to less durable dental replacements.
- Prevent bone loss: When a tooth is missing, the surrounding bone can deteriorate, as it has nothing to hold in place. An implant can fill the empty socket and stimulate your bone, preventing tissue loss.
- Keep adjacent teeth stable: After losing a tooth, the surrounding teeth may become loose and shift out of alignment. A dental implant can fill this gap, stabilizing neighboring teeth and closing the space that allows them to begin moving.
- Promote healthy gums: Tooth loss creates a deep socket that can become a host to bacteria and food particles. Filling this socket with an implant can help prevent gum disease and make it easier to maintain good oral hygiene.
- Prevent premature aging: When bone loss occurs due to missing teeth, your face may begin to sag, as there is less structure to hold these soft tissues in place. An implant can prevent this from happening, since it can stop your jawbone from deteriorating.
These benefits, among others, can have significant health and aesthetic benefits for patients. To learn more about the benefits of dental implants, contact our office today.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING A DENTAL IMPLANT PROCEDURE
After your bones and gums are healthy enough for the procedure, your surgeon will begin the dental implant procedure. Before the procedure, you will be sedated to ensure your comfort. Our Hackensack, NJ office offers various anesthesia options and will work with you to find a solution that fits your needs. After you are comfortable, your surgeon will make a small incision into your gum line and insert the implant into your jawbone.
After this phase, your mouth will need time to heal. Your surgeon will wait for your jawbone to begin growing around the implant and your gums to recover from the surgery. You may be fitted for a temporary crown as you heal. After the healing process is complete, your surgeon will install your permanent crown.
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT WITH A FIRST-CLASS ORAL SURGEON AT UNION CITY ORAL SURGERY GROUP
If you are looking for a permanent and healthy solution to missing teeth, a dental implant may be the right procedure for you. At Union City Oral Surgery Group, our skilled professionals are experts at installing and preparing the mouth for dental implants and are ready to help you achieve a lasting and healthy smile. Our highly-trained professionals understand the ins and outs of the latest oral surgery techniques and are ready to apply their experience and skills to your unique concerns.