In a world heavily focused on wellness, it’s okay to take time for yourself and focus on your appearance. Having acne scars, blotches of redness, or wrinkles on your face may cause feelings of self-consciousness that affect your mental health. For those looking to give their skin a refreshed, tighter, and smoother look without the hassles of a complicated procedure, microneedling may be the solution for you.
A minimally-invasive procedure that targets wrinkles, scarring, and loose skin on your face, microneedling is a fairly quick and inexpensive way to boost your serotonin. Union City Oral Surgery Group deeply understands the impact that having skin you are proud of can have on your overall mood and quality of life, and we are here to offer state-of-the-art services to do just that. Depending on the severity of your scars or the end results you are seeking, you can expect one to three sessions, short healing times, and results within weeks.
The Benefits of Microneedling
Microneedling is a highly effective and cost-effective way to treat the sensitive skin on your face. Used specifically to target scar tissue and loose or sagging skin, microneedling treatment is designed to handle many different types of issues and skin types. Some of the enjoyed perks of microneedling include:
- Quick procedure times, ranging from fifteen minutes to an hour
- Cost-effective treatment compared to other surgical procedures
- Doesn’t require local anesthesia
- Can tackle many different issues at the same time
- Only slightly uncomfortable for a small duration of time
- You can see results almost immediately
Whether it’s sun damage, acne scars, large pores, or sagging skin, microneedling is an effective way to rejuvenate your face. It will often be done in conjunction with other forms of treatments, like topical applications and lifestyle changes.
What the Microneedling Process Looks Like
Microneedling is the process of pricking several small needles into the skin, causing mico-wounds across the surface. These micro-wounds are then rebuilt by new dermal tissues and blood vessels. As the skin ages, you begin to lose collagen and elastin, which is what keeps your face plump and tight. The rebuilding process forces out collagen and elastin-rich proteins to help slow the results of aging down. There are two main types of microneedling, including:
- Microneedling with PRP: PRP, or platelet-rich plasma, is the super nutrient-rich part of your blood that helps heal wounds and promote growth. By sampling your own body’s hyper-concentrated PRP, your face is given a supply of topical agents to help accelerate the process.
- Microneedling with Exomes: For those uninterested in a “blood facial,” microneedling with exomes may be the solution for you. A lab-derived alternative to PRP, exomes are derived from stem cells and are designed to target the same aspects of healing and growth that PRP does.
No matter the topical agent, the goal is the same: to stimulate micro channels in your skin and produce a smoother, plumper, clearer end product.
Interested in Microneedling and Its Benefits? Speak to an Oral Surgeon About Your Options Today
Interested in microneedling but don’t know where to begin or which option would work best with your skin type? Union City Oral Surgery Group is here to help, starting with an initial consultation and examination. We can discuss your history with your skin and map out a plan to get you the results you are looking for. Our people-first approach to the restorative skin journey means you have a trusted maxillofacial surgeon by your side every step of the way, from that first visit to the continued maintenance of your skin. We’ll even help you get the most out of your insurance reimbursement as possible.